The grass is looking great at Onley for the TSR Summer Show this weekend. The best grass available in the current conditions, it is level – no divets or ruts – with good grass coverage under sown with sand. Rings are on grass except the WH/WHP which is in the large outdoor arena and small indoor school.
For warm up on a SURFACE, times as follows:
Small indoor up to 9.30am and from 7pm
Large Indoor up to 9am
Outdoor arena collecting ring up to 7.30am and from 5pm
Small Indoor up to 8am
Outdoor arena collecting ring up to 7.30am
There is also a lunge sand pen by the large outdoor arena, water taps on field and there is usually always a good breeze! Buggy available for lifts as usual. We will also be advising the following:
- Judges to keep the go round to a minimum & no galloping
- Show Jackets optional, shirts should have sleeves
- Grooms allowed into rings straight away when horses lined up with water etc.
- Make up/oils to be kept to a minimum to allow the horse’s skin to sweat/breath
- Keep hydrated, use a hat and sun screen
Coming up in the August/September issue of Showing World – out on Monday 13th August – reports from RIHS, New Forest & Hampshire, TSR Summer Show… and so much more! Members of ALL showing society can subscribe for FREE here) – don’t delay, subscribe today!